- Unit of Measure :
Sodium Thioglycolate is a chemical compound with molecular formula C2H3NaO2S with molar mass of 114.094 g/mol. It finds application for cold waving of hair and as reducing agent & depilatory. This compound is said to have ability to donate 1 and accept 3 hydrogen bonds during a chemical reaction. It appears as clear colorless liquid with strong irritating odor. Sodium Thioglycolate is water soluble in nature with density of about 1.32 g/cm3. It is completely free from any impurities and can be availed at reasonable prices in bulk amounts as demanded by our trusted clients.
Key Features :
- Usage in cold hair waving
- Best functions as a depilatory and reducing agent
- Accepts 3 and donates 1 hydrogen bond
- Colorless with the blunt irritating smell
- Product Name : Sodium Thioglycolate
- Chemical Names : SODIUM THIOGLYCOLATE; 367-51-1; Sodium mercaptoacetate; Mercaptoacetic acid sodium salt; Mollescal SF; Sodium 2-sulfanylacetate
- Molecular Formula : C2H3NaO2S
- Molecular Weight : 114.094 g/mol
- IUPAC Name : sodium;2-sulfanylacetate
- PubChem CID : 23690444
- CAS No : 367-51-1
- EC Number : 206-696-4
- Monoisotopic Mass : 113.975 g/mol
- Exact Mass : 113.975 g/mol
- Physical Description : It is a white powder with a slight odor. Used in cold-waving of hair and as a dipilatory.
- Melting Point : greater than 572ÃÂ° F
- Solubility : Very soluble
- Air and Water Reactions : Hygroscopic. Discolors on exposure to air. Water soluble.
No. 6, Gandhi Oil Mill Compound, Industrial Area, Gorwa Road, Vadodara, Gujarat, 390016, India