Sodium Metabisulphite LR/AR offered by us is widely utilized as the disinfectant, preservative, & antioxidant in food processing & winemaking industries and desalination systems. It appears as white-colored powdery solid with molecular formula Na2S2O5 with the molar mass of 190.107 g/mol. This compound is soluble in water & glycerol and shows the density of 1.48 g/cm3. It has a melting point of 170 degrees Celsius and produces faint SO2 like odor. Sodium Metabisulphite LR/AR also serves as the cleaning agent for the RO membrane and as a preservative for food items with E number E223. It is available at reasonable rates in bulk amounts as demanded by our respected clients.
Key Features :
- Comes in either powder solid or white crystalline form
- Completely soluble in ethanol solution
- Great stability when exposed to air
- Moisture gradually oxidizes to sulfate solution
- Product Name : Sodium Metabisulphite LR/AR
- Chemical Names : Sodium metabisulfite; Sodium pyrosulfite; 7681-57-4; Sodium disulfite; Disodium pyrosulfite
- PubChem CID : 656671
- Molecular Formula : Na2S2O5 or Na2O5S2
- Molecular Weight : 190.095 g/mol
- CAS No : 7681-57-47757-74-6
- EC Number : 231-673-0
- Monoisotopic Mass : 189.898 g/mol
- Exact Mass : 189.898 g/mol
- Appearance : White crystalline or powder solid
- Color : White to yellowish crystals or powder
- Odor : In the presences of traces of water, it develops an odor of sulfur dioxide
- Melting Point : greater than 302ÃÂ° F (Decomposes)
- Solubility : Soluble in ethanol, Very soluble in sodium bisulfite, Solubility in water
- Density : 1.4 g/cmÃÂ³
- Stability : On exposure to air and moisture is slowly oxidized to sulfate.
- Decomposition : Decomposes on heating with ultimate formation of sodium sulfate.
No. 6, Gandhi Oil Mill Compound, Industrial Area, Gorwa Road Vadodara Gujarat India +918037301617