Calcium Nitrate LR/AR finds application in formulation of fertilizer and for pre-conditioning in wastewater treatment industries. It is known to have chemical formula Ca(NO3)2 with molar mass of 164.088 g/mol in anhydrous form. This compound appears as white colored granular solid with density of 2.504 g/cm3. It is said to be one of the most commonly used coagulants for latex production and also required in construction industry for settling concrete admixtures. Calcium Nitrate LR/AR decomposes on boiling and has melting point of about 561 degrees Celsius. It is soluble in ammonia and shows insolubility in nitric acid.
- Available in white to grey solid particles
- Soluble in methanol, acetone and water solution
- Emits nitroxide fumes when decomposes
- Has 6 pH value in 5% aq. Concentration
- Product Name : Calcium Nitrate LR/AR
- Chemical Names : 10124-37-5; Calcium dinitrate; Lime nitrate; Norwegian saltpeter; Nitrocalcite
- Molecular Formula : Ca(NO3)2 or CaN2O6
- Molecular Weight : 164.086 g/mol
- PubChem CID : 24963
- IUPAC Name : calcium;dinitrate
- CAS Number : 10124-37-5
- EC Number : 233-332-1
- Monoisotopic Mass : 163.938 g/mol
- Exact Mass : 163.938 g/mol
- Physical Description : White to light gray granular solid
- Color : White, cubic crystals
- Melting Point : 560Â°C
- Solubility : Very soluble in water; freely soluble in methanol, ethanol, acetone; Soluble in acetone; insoluble in ethanol
- Density : 2.50 g/cmÂ³
- Decomposition : When heated to decomposition it emits toxic fumes of nitroxides.
- pH : 5% aq soln= 6.0
- Air and Water Reactions : Deliquescent. Water soluble.
No. 6, Gandhi Oil Mill Compound, Industrial Area, Gorwa Road, Vadodara, Gujarat, 390016, India